The Beaufort Oars is a community based, traditional rowing club that encourages enjoyment on the water, social activity and exercise.
The Beaufort Oars row four boats that were built at the North Carolina Maritime Museum. The group is open to all active Friends of the Museum members. The primary goal is to provide an affordable community based rowing club that encourages enjoyment on the water, social activity, and exercise.
The group currently rows four 34-foot Crestwood Gigs.
If you would like to try out the Oars just show up! No experience required.
Volunteer leaders help ensure safety, initiate new members, coordinate events, and spearhead maintenance efforts.
Rowing Schedule – Summer
• Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 5:15pm
• Sunday Morning, 8:45am
• Schedule changes seasonally
• Friends Membership Is Required To Participate
($35.00 and up)
• CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE FRIENDS
• Dues are $40.00 per year to be an OARS member
• THEN, CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE OARS
Annex of the North Carolina Maritime Museum
171 West Beaufort Road Ext.
Beaufort, NC 28516